Yann Soyer & Thibault Soyer
The firm’s Partners represent two generations of practitioners with experience in business law and their complementarity give the firm renowned expertise to assist you with all your projects. We provide bespoke advice at all stages of your project, from establishment and structuring through to all operational phases, the deployment your commercial solutions, technical and legal optimisation tools for your activity, and restructuring or dismantlement.
For the past thirty-five years, Yann Soyer who is well-versed in the workings of business law in both litigation and advisory services, assists founders, CEOs, shareholders and general management in structuring their activities.
Business law is a branch of private law that regroups all the legal and statutory aspects of business life. Company law, contracts, competition, companies in financial distress, intellectual property, taxation, competition, companies in financial distress, intellectual property, taxation, international trade, European legislation etc. It covers some fifteen specialist legal areas which often overlap with each other and/or other fields such as banking and financial law, criminal law and public law.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Legal and tax vendor/buyer due diligence (Data Room) prior to acquisition
- Investment authorisation of non-EU companies
- Mergers and acquisitions, disposals of companies or businesses, goodwill of professionals
- Negotiation and drafting of sale and purchase agreements
- Negotiation and drafting of shares sale agreements asset and liability warranties
- Shareholders’ agreements and management agreements
- Structuring-restructuring of businesses by a founder or purchaser
- “Inter-company” loans
– Drafting the instruments for corporate mergers and transmission universelle de patrimoine (a form of complete transfer of all assets and liabilities under French law) in the sector of precision mechanics
– Assistance of an inventor of a widely and globally sold drug in the sale of US, Mexican and Japanese patents to a Biotechs US fund for + USD 180 million
– Assistance of several entities in their leverage buy-out (LBO)
– Due diligence and drafting of agreements for the sale and purchase of majority interests in the areas of real estate construction, tourist residences and the metallurgy industry
– Purchase of the business assets of hotels, fashion brand boutiques, spinoffs for inventor partnerships
Legal services offered to compagnies
- Incorporation of commercial and civil companies, partnerships in corporate form, holding companies, EIGs, associations and foundations
- Regulatory follow-up for companies: legal secretariat for boards of directors, management boards and supervisory councils, and shareholders’ general meetings
- Modifications to articles of association: transformation, spin-off, contribution of assets or branches of activity, share capital operations including stock market transactions
- Formalities: tax administration, business centre formalities, office of the court clerk of the commercial court
- Company and Group Employee Savings Schemes, allocations of stock options and free shares
- Optimisation of the disposal of businesses
Compagnies in distress
- Amicable treatment of difficulties of businesses: setting up ad hoc mandates, conciliation approved by the Commercial Court, amicable liquidations
- Collective judicial safeguard, receivership or liquidation proceedings
- Assistance and representation before the commercial courts
Let's keep in touch
Leave us your details using the form and we shall contact you as soon as possible!