Thibault Soyer – Partner
My experience covers all the transactional aspects of the law of electronic communications, IT and personal data protection, including advising, negotiating, drafting contracts, policies, providing specific sectors regulatory advice and also the pre-contentious and contentious stages of global projects.
I also have significant experience in corportate and sectoral specific legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions applied to the sector of information and telecommunications technologies.
Lawyer at the Paris Bar
Areas of Expertise
- Personal data protection
- IT projects and agreements
- Commercial law
- Company law and M&A due diligence
- International business and arbitration law
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Competition law
- New technologies, information technology and electronic communications (data protection, IT, telecoms)
- Space law
Internet, Telecoms et ICTs
Thibault Soyer began his career at Linklaters and Olswang LLP which rank among the best international law firms, renowned specialists at the forefront of the law of “new” information and communications technologies.
He has developed a significant expertise in the law of telecommunications and space-related activities as well as the issues arising with IT and personal data protection.
Since the beginning of his legal career, he has accompanied, advised and directly and fully represented his clients within small teams in an international context.
Start-ups active on the “Internet of Things” market, GAFAMs (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft), international MVNOs, managing complex national, cross-border and transversal matters, require the application all his skills in his practice areas.
Pragmatic and dynamic, Thibault Soyer is always looking out for a solution for his clients that is balanced from both a legal and commercial perspective.
Career History and rankings
- Cabinet Soyer & Soyer, Paris Bar: Joint-founder, Partner since mars 2016
- Olswang LLP (2014-2016): associate and joint-founder of the Commercial-IT-Telecoms department
- 2015 Experts Guides – LMG Rising Star in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications category for France
- Linklaters LLP (2011-2014): Associate in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice
- Cabinet Alain Bensoussan, Paris (2011): Trainee lawyer
- Alcatel-Lucent, EMEA legal deparment, Paris (2010) : Trainee in-house lawyer
- Cabinet LMBE & Associés, Paris (2010): Trainee lawyer
- Cabinet Boineau Soyer & Associés, Paris (2008): Lawyer’s 1st clerk (1 year)
- Cabinet Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris (2006): IP / TECH department (Olivier COUSI, Remy FEKETE)
- CAPA – Certificat d’aptitude à la profession d’avocat (CAPA) : 2011.
- LL.M International Business Law with Merit, specialisation in international business law (European competition law, international merger control, telecommunications law, international commercial arbitration): 2007, University of London –Queen Mary and King’s College.
- Master II Professionnel (Professional Master’s Degree) electronic communications, space-related activities and media: 2016-2017, University of Paris XI. Academic year sponsored by the ARCEP (French telecoms regulator).
- Master I Droit Privé International (Master’s Degree in Private International Law), specialisation in international commercial law: 2005, University of Paris XI.
- Bachelor Degrees in both French law and English law (double degree): 2004, Faculté Libre de Droit
- Droit & Commerce
- AFDIT : Association Française pour le Développement du Droit de l’Informatique et des Télécommunications (French Association for the Development of the Law of Information Technology and Telecommunications)
- ADIJ : Association pour le Développement de l’Informatique Juridique (Association for the Development of Legal Information Technology)
- IAPP : International Association of Privacy Professionals
- IDEST : Institut du Droit de l’Espace et des Télécommunications (Institute ofSpace Law and Telecommunications) University of Paris XI, University of Paris XI
Let's keep in touch
Leave us your details using the form and we shall contact you as soon as possible!