Alternative dispute resolution
BWell before such procedures were systematically recommended, Yann Soyer had always, in the interests of his clients, sought alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
At the beginning of the 1990s, he crafted the first amicable settlement in concert with the Commercial Court of Paris. The economic difficulties of Parisian real estate professionals which involved the main banks of Paris and centred on nearly one billion Euro, at the time, were thereby resolved outside of the court system.
The firm currently has renowned know-how in pre-contentious matters, conciliation and mediation, as well as expertise in the very specific field of Arbitration.
Tax and customs litigation
Specialists in tax and customs law, both in an advisory/transactional capacity and in litigation, we advise and represent individuals as well as businesses and organisations with all inspection procedures, the rectification of declarations and contentious proceedings before administrative or judicial courts.
Inspection and adjusment phase
- Assistance in accounts inspection, personal tax situation assessment, wealth tax (real estate wealth tax), inspection, customs inspection (report of situation, seizure) etc…
- Response to proposals for adjustment, negotiation on appeal
- Assistance before county commissions of direct tax and revenue, and commissions on registration during the taxation procedure prior to any recovery
Setting and implementation of the contentious phase
After recovery proceedings for additional taxes and penalties.
- Prior contentious claim before the relevant administrative authorities
- Implementation of the procedures and terms of payment and/or recovery guarantees with the recovery authorities
- Appeals for the cancellation of taxes and penalties before the taxation judge
- Advice and representation before the Administrative Court and the Administrative Court of Appeal in matters of direct taxes and VAT, including fiscal interim proceedings
- Appeals for the cancellation of taxes and penalties before the taxation judge Advice and representation before the Courts of First Instance and the Courts of Appeal in matters of wealth tax and registration duty, police or criminal courts in matters relating to customs.
– Defence of a renowned US software editor in relation to customs inspection regarding the import of technical training manuals.
– Defence of a Swiss financial group in order to obtain the return of tax withholdings at source on dividends from French subsidiaries.
– Defence of magazine publishers from whom VAT was claimed at the normal rate rather than the reduced press rate.
– Defence of a construction firm (Societe Cooperative de Production (SCOP)) which was subject to a tax adjustment for commissions that enabled it to capture major private construction orders. – Advising SMEs with respect to adjustments further to the accounting audits.
– Defence of foreign companies owning holiday residences in France.
– Advising SMEs with respect to adjustments further to the accounting audits.
– Defence of individuals subject to a Personal Tax Situation Inspection (Examen de la Situation Fiscale Personnelle (ESFP) or tax adjustments in inheritance duties.
– Advising individuals in the declaration of assets held in foreign bank accounts.
Let's keep in touch
Leave us your details using the form and we shall contact you as soon as possible!